very slow repos

English-speaking forum for talkers =)
Ответить
netean
Operating system: Now fully Linux. (Kubuntu), Linux Mint (KDE) Koraraa 17 (Fedora KDE based) and... when I can get grub to work.. soon to be a 32bit and 64bit (and very happy) Rosa user

very slow repos

Сообщение netean » 05 дек 2012, 08:37

Is it just me?

I'm finding that trying to update, install or just access the mirror list of repositories is incredibly slow.. 5-10Kbs a second for example?

For me, it's been like this for the past few days - just accessing the repositories from the package manager, generally internet and browsing is absolutely fine (4Gbps). Not just one computer either, problem seems to be with all my Rosa 2012.1 installs.
I've tried removed the repo list and re-adding.. (tried several times) and still the same

I'm in the UK and using BT broadband, anyone else in the UK seeing anything similar, or it is just me?

netean
Operating system: Now fully Linux. (Kubuntu), Linux Mint (KDE) Koraraa 17 (Fedora KDE based) and... when I can get grub to work.. soon to be a 32bit and 64bit (and very happy) Rosa user

Re: very slow repos

Сообщение netean » 05 дек 2012, 11:45

ok.. maybe it is just me.. speed back tonormal again..

must be going mad!

PastorDi
Operating system: IBM DOS, OS/2
Контактная информация:

Сообщение PastorDi » 05 дек 2012, 23:53

The next time check in the console: traceroute mirror.rosalab.ru
There will immediately see which node you have a "failure."

lisa

Сообщение lisa » 14 дек 2012, 19:47

Hi netean,

It's always slow for me due to dial-up, but recently I switched the following setting in Control Centre>Software Management>Configure Media Sources...>Options>Global Options>Download program to use> and switched from default 'curl' to 'wget'. I use wvdial dial-up utility and now I do not get disconnected so much (seemed like I would get disconnected about every 20 minutes, but this varied).
Lisa Marie

ALaurie
Operating system: Rosa 2012 Desktop Fresh

Сообщение ALaurie » 24 дек 2012, 16:05

Aria2 as the downloader is also a good option.

Ответить

Вернуться в «Off the wall»