Best Linux I've ever seen.

English-speaking forum for talkers =)
Ответить
sheshman
Operating system: Rosa Desktop Fresh R2

Best Linux I've ever seen.

Сообщение sheshman » 27 дек 2013, 18:23

Hi All,

I'm an computer engineer and fully educated for NT systems, so that's why i'm allways curious about Linux systems, i've tryed so many Destrubitions but i must admit Rosa Fresh Desktop is the Best Linux i've every seen. I'm very very rookie about Linux systems so that's why it's allways hard work to install drivers and configurations for me, but Rosa allready installed my Notebook's all devices correctly and fully working right now. Also the colors,design,tools just perfect. I just want to say to Thank You all to Developers,Supporters and Testers of Rosa.

Great Job Guys God Bless You and Merry Christmas to all.

ДроноваЮ
Operating system: Ubuntu/ROSA

Re: Best Linux I've ever seen.

Сообщение ДроноваЮ » 27 дек 2013, 23:45

sheshman
Thanks a lot for your kind words! And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too :beer:

tanclo
Operating system: ROSA 2012 EE x86_64

Сообщение tanclo » 10 июн 2014, 03:53

Hi dear users and developers.

I really enjoy the various Fresh flavors of ROSA especially the LXDE version. Sadly, I was unable to setup IBus input for Korean and Vietnamese on any of the Fresh versions or the Marathon Enterprise version. I find I am not alone as other users (as per the forums) were unable to resolve this problem.

Installing to a LUKS encrypted home partition also failed until I discovered a workaround which worked for my system. I discovered that logging into the Live system presented a workaround - after creating a LUKS encrrypted partition, one has to reboot back into Live.. then select "USE" the partition (decrypt then fails).. closing the Live Install tool and re-opening it again the n shows the decrypted partition and the rest of the installation becomes possible.

As to LVM installation, try as I did, nothing worked. My attempts led to my losing an existing 220GB LVM group which had been created in a LUKS container by an old Fedora installation.

The prime issue for me was the IBus problems however. Even after building IBus from source, still resulted in errors related to Python when I rant ibus-setup.

I am now using Mageia 4 - the installation for multiple languages and the fluid creation and installation to encrypted LVM (Full system encryption) led me to stay with Mageia. I still hope to switch to ROSA LXDE though as I find it much faster and the general UI (Rosa LXDE Flat windows theme) is simply untouchable.

Pulfer
Operating system: ROSA Desktop Fresh 2016.1 i586

Сообщение Pulfer » 10 июн 2014, 04:04

tanclo писал(а):I really enjoy the various Fresh flavors of ROSA especially the LXDE version. Sadly, I was unable to setup IBus input for Korean and Vietnamese on any of the Fresh versions or the Marathon Enterprise version. I find I am not alone as other users (as per the forums) were unable to resolve this problem.
Looks like a bug. We'll try to fix it.
Intel Core i7-6700 / 8 Gb RAM / GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Rosa 2016.1 i586

Ответить

Вернуться в «Off the wall»