how do I make new software avail to users?

ROSA Enterprise Linux Server issues and questions
Правила форума
Dear server users! For help, questions and server support plese refer to bugzilla:
1) http://bugs.rosalinux.ru/enter_bug.cgi? ... A%20Server
2) or fill in the form at http://www.rosalab.com/products/server/download to get 30 days FREE support
Forums support IS NOT guaranteed. Thank you!
Ответить
skywave
Operating system: SBS 2012 (to be substituted with a ROSA RELS)
WIN7 clients

how do I make new software avail to users?

Сообщение skywave » 12 янв 2013, 22:53

Just installed Ksnapshot on RELS.
Apparently it is only available to root - how do I make it available to the user who is the admin of the server?
Cheers from Henri ..to endure to achieve..
SBS user for decades. MS will stop patching. Means running 2 servers for same features. Time to change to RELS!

d_uragan

Re: how do I make new software avail to users?

Сообщение d_uragan » 14 янв 2013, 16:00

How have you installed it? I've installed kdegraphics package and ksnapshot is now launching from both root and original user...

skywave
WIN7 clients

Сообщение skywave » 14 янв 2013, 19:49

first I tried via Add/Remove Software - but programs not added to the Graphics group
then I uninstalled and tried - yum install kdegraphics (had to change to sudo to do that) - but programs still not added to Graphics group.
When opening filemanager as root I can see all the programs under root applications - Graphics group...
SBS user for decades. MS will stop patching. Means running 2 servers for same features. Time to change to RELS!

skywave
WIN7 clients

Сообщение skywave » 15 янв 2013, 00:22

I tried different options by google'ing the topic - none worked - there were some very advanced and technical 'deep' solutions brought forward on the inet - some describing to edit 'path' (which I didn't understand) - but I really feel there must be an easier way to do this..
Aaaanyway - by coincidence I came over someone who suggested to install alacarte..
I tried that - and after opening up Start and Graphics I saw alle the kdegraphic programs there.. 8)

But really - shouldn't there be an easier way to do this than to install another program?
Or is it simply blocked by the developers of the RELS - due to the fact that on a server it must only be minimal GUI interaction?
Which I can understand and agree about.
I just find it nice - on a server - to have the possibility of a screenshot - and also a minimal email client - to use for support interaction when encountering a prob.

d_uragan

Сообщение d_uragan » 15 янв 2013, 17:20

skywave писал(а): But really - shouldn't there be an easier way to do this than to install another program?
Or is it simply blocked by the developers of the RELS - due to the fact that on a server it must only be minimal GUI interaction?
Yes, I think this is the reason (though I am not a RELS developer). Maybe not 'blocked', but just haven't got much attention. Finally, they have chosen relatively minimalistic LXDE as desktop environment, and likely haven't bothered much about integration of KDE tools in it.

Ronaldpync
Operating system: WindowsXP

how do I make new software avail to users

Сообщение Ronaldpync » 12 авг 2016, 23:40

im unsure on how to make my weapon have effects ive got the aoe to work just not the effects

Ответить

Вернуться в «Server»