(SOLVED) ether vs HWaddr for LPCXpresso

Ответить
elektronist
Operating system: ROSA.DESKTOP.FRESH

(SOLVED) ether vs HWaddr for LPCXpresso

Сообщение elektronist » 27 май 2014, 11:43

I'm using LPCXpresso ( http://www.lpcware.com/lpcxpresso/downloads/linux ) to develop ARM projects. Unlikely the developers of this system supports only Ubuntu and Fedora Linux distributions so that I can use this IDE in a limited way. Of course at first sight this might seem not o problem of Rosa Linux. Maybe someone has some hint.

To sum up: LPCXpresso IDE is based on Eclipse and uses java. On Rosa Linux the installer works fine. The only tweak needed is to change "run in a terminal" in menu definition. The IDE should be registered to use LPCLink (Debugger Dongle) up to 256K range. Unregistered system uses 8Kbytes to upload and debug. Registering is free and done fine on Rosa Linux. It shows up "fully registered".

But when debugging 'the system' can't find eth0's MAC address and even though it is 256K registered only 8K can be used. IMHO the source of the problem is the difference in the output of "ifconfig" of 'supported' distros and ours'.

ifconfig output of Ubuntu:

Код: Выделить всё

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 12:34:56:78:9a:bc  
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
ifconfig output of Rosa:

[root@elektronist elektronist]# ifconfig
eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether 12:34:56:78:9a:bc  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
As can be seen MAC address' keyword of Ubuntu is "HWaddr" and Rosa's is "ether".

I wonder why this is different and is there any way to use "HWaddr" in the output in place of "ether" or can be added a line with "HWaddr"?

Sorry I have to ask this question here, wishing to find an answer. Because the developers of LPCXpresso only say "we support only Ubuntu and Fedora" whenever such a question asked to them.
Последний раз редактировалось elektronist 27 апр 2015, 17:12, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

d_uragan

Re: ether vs HWaddr for LPCXpresso

Сообщение d_uragan » 27 май 2014, 12:41

And what does ifconfig show in Fedora? ROSA is closer to Fedora than to Ubuntu.

elektronist

Сообщение elektronist » 27 май 2014, 14:48

I tried Ubuntu 14.04 on a 32GB usb stick with a persistent partition (a great feature ROSA should have), LPCXpresso works as expected. The ifconfig Ubuntu output is from that system. I did not try Fedora yet. I'll try it as soon as possible and post the ifconfig output here. Two guesses from me: Either Fedora has the same format as Ubuntu or LPCXpresso developers use distinctive search criteria for each distro. As far as I know "HWaddr" style is Linux style and "ether" style is BSD/UNIX style. BTW OpenMandriva and Mageia (3) has the same output as Rosa.

elektronist

Сообщение elektronist » 27 май 2014, 15:41

Here is the result for Fedora 20.1. Very interesting!

p1p1: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether 12:34:56:78:9a:bc  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

eth0 becomes p1p1. But it uses same keyword as "ether" as Rosa. This makes my 1st guess irrelevant and 2nd is true.

elektronist

Сообщение elektronist » 27 апр 2015, 13:06

Finally I solved this nasty problem and very happy to get rid of any *buntu from my computer. :) Trying to solve problem by keyword of ether, hwadr etc. was wrong way. The culprit is "ip" executable's path. Adding /sbin to PATH and reactivating LPCXpresso freed me from 8K limit. :)

Also KDE menu needed to run LPCXpresso in konsole selection. And with turkish locale LPC176x CMSIS projects fails to be compiled. Using fallowing script solved all problems.

#!/bin/bash

export LC_ALL=en_US.utf8
PATH=$PATH:/sbin
export PATH

cd /usr/local/lpcxpresso_7.7.2_379/lpcxpresso/

./lpcxpresso

Ответить

Вернуться в «Desktop»