[solved]installation cant be finish

Ответить
Majestic

[solved]installation cant be finish

Сообщение Majestic » 21 май 2012, 15:13

Hello,

i have tryied to install Rosa to my pc but cant get a finish.... i even tryed everythin but it is not finishin.. also live media system is so slow.

Im usin an AMD system and changed everythin in setup menu to the normal way, also closed a few special of my mainboard support. I had experienced this kinda problem when installin a new distro.

So far, i would like to get a help, you to offer an install method (like entering somethin when installing a mode i dunno what you offer) and to try Rosa Linux...

Thank you.
Последний раз редактировалось Majestic 17 июн 2013, 02:10, всего редактировалось 2 раза.
Think twice before giving a decide...

ДроноваЮ
Operating system: Ubuntu/ROSA

Re: installation cant be finish

Сообщение ДроноваЮ » 21 май 2012, 15:26

Please give a list of your hardware: CPU, motherboard etc.
Wchich ROSA iso, exactly, did you try to install?

Majestic

Сообщение Majestic » 21 май 2012, 15:35

Asus M2N Board, AMD 5600+ CPU, 2Gb (1x1) Ram, 1GB Ati 3700 series HD vga, 80GB ATA HDD. All hardware was workin on other distro.

I tried to install Rosa 2012 EE 64 Bit. MD5 Checksum done, At work tried live, was realy slow (even an i5 cpu and with a 4gb ram), at home tested and tried to install over 4 times (couldnt count after 11pm...) and always failed.

When tryin to install, i formatted disks manually and at the last test i left it auto allocote... Anyway, it didnt work. ( live install and directly install -at boot- tested.

Same result...

l2ulinux

Сообщение l2ulinux » 21 май 2012, 17:19

Don't give up I had to use a USB flash drive to install mind. I had a problem with mind with install.
That the reason I made the dumb post asking about which is faster the DVD are USB flash drive.
The disro is worth the trouble.

Majestic

Сообщение Majestic » 22 май 2012, 09:05

Well, yesterday i downloaded again iso files... This time i downloaded 32 bit too... i thought there can be problem at dvd but unfourtunately i realized that there is nothing i can do on AMD platform....

I tried to install 32 bit system, but i couldnt make a start... even with rescue media, it didnt start... also as i know it isnt a normal situation to install an os in 2 and a half hour.... yes, i waited but it didnt work.

Then i tried at my friend's pc. It was intel platform and had only 1 gb ram... it wasnt a realy fast and modern one but system was working realy perfect.... then i realized it isnt about the 64 nor 32 bit iso, it is about the Rosa Linux...

As a conclusion; Rosa Linux is runnin quiet fast on intel platform and isnt suitable (for now maybe) for AMD platform cos of a bug (i think). Hope the developpers see this.

Thank you.

rugyada
Контактная информация:

Сообщение rugyada » 24 май 2012, 02:27

Hi Majestic,

Here RM2012 is working like a charm :)

ROSA Linux release 2012.0 (LTS) for i586

My hardware:

description: Motherboard
product: M2V
vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC.

description: CPU
product: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

RAM 2+1 Gb

VGA Cedar PRO [Radeon HD 5450]
vendor: ATI Technologies Inc

HDD ATA Disk
SAMSUNG SP2504C

Majestic

Сообщение Majestic » 25 май 2012, 16:23

Thank you for reply.

I can see there is AMD system workin, thank you first.... Then i wanna ask you if you have changed a system preference or somethin when installing?

By the way, our system difference isnt much, i use nforce chipcet, your Via, Processor type are same, mine (5600+), vga i use hd 3750, and about disk: i prefer ATA... Not a SATA disk.... Can it be a problem???

And did you install EE version or Free version?

Thank you.

rugyada
Контактная информация:

Сообщение rugyada » 26 май 2012, 15:59

Majestic писал(а):Then i wanna ask you if you have changed a system preference or somethin when installing?
No, I followed standard steps changing nothing. Launched direct installation from main menu.
Formatted only /, keeping swap, home and data partitions.
Majestic писал(а):By the way, our system difference isnt much
Indeed ;)
Majestic писал(а):i prefer ATA... Not a SATA disk.... Can it be a problem???
Honestly, I can't give you an answer, sorry.
Majestic писал(а):And did you install EE version or Free version?
I installed EE edition.

Majestic

Сообщение Majestic » 28 май 2012, 11:41

So what is my problem? . .

why cant i install it so easily??? i didnt change a lot on partition table. And then decided to auto allocate....

Ok, maybe i should take off one Ram, maybe there is a problem. [can this be a solution? anyway, it is workin quiete well on other distros...]

Thanks.

captain_america

Сообщение captain_america » 15 июн 2012, 21:37

I realize this answer comes a bit late, but when I was experimenting with other distros (prior to arriving at ROSA, mind you) I noticed that for whatever reason if I didn't delete and then format the partitions on my hard drive or SSD using the GParted, Paritition Magic, or System Rescue Live CDs prior to an install of a new distro then I would have problems. Weird, I know, but for anyone else that has similar issues with installation, try deleting and then formatting your partitions first, using one of the aforementioned partitioning CDs. And as a side note, I did notice that the live session of ROSA does run quite different from a true installation to hard disk/SSD. For instance, the screen resolution was not set properly (vertically) in the live session, and the mouse cursor would flicker from time to time. Maybe it had something to do with VESA?....In any case, once installed to my SSD there were no problems whatsoever, and ROSA runs very smooth. :D
When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world----No you move.- Captain America

lisa

Сообщение lisa » 16 июн 2012, 21:07

I too have noticed this. I have a copy of ultimate boot CD for this reason, though any live boot linux disc already includes a partition manager like the ones you have mentioned.

captain_america

Сообщение captain_america » 20 июн 2012, 03:51

lisa,
True, most Live CD Linux distros include a partition manager, although for a fast booting disc with a partition manager the three options I mention are hard to beat. ;)
When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world----No you move.- Captain America

Majestic

Сообщение Majestic » 16 июн 2013, 03:08

First of i am so sorry to answer late. This topic can be closed as solved. Because the problem is about ATI card options. Before launching sytem, you should add an option for ATI card, and it starts ok...

Now on, i installed rosa desktop fresh 2012... have another little problem and will ask it in the place for it.

Thank you guys.

Ответить

Вернуться в «Marathon (ROSA LTS)»