No hardware acceleration after installing R1 GNOME beta

Ответить
lukchiuwing
Operating system: Linux Mint

No hardware acceleration after installing R1 GNOME beta

Сообщение lukchiuwing » 25 июл 2013, 08:33

Hi,

It is kinda strange that after installing the R1 GNOME beta, the system became very laggy. Feels like the windows running without the display driver... However, when I run the beta in LiveCD, it is very snappy. Anyone knows what is the problem? I am running R1 on AMD64 / ATI HD2600.

By the way, even if I login as non-live user after the installation (my name not listed, only ROSA Live User shown), the system still shows me as ROSA Live User on the top-right corner. However, I can see my user name in terminal. Is it a bug?

Thanks in advance.

akdengi

Re: No hardware acceleration after installing R1 GNOME beta

Сообщение akdengi » 25 июл 2013, 11:33

Gnome 3.8 need latest videocards for hardware graph acceleration. And for nvidia/AMD strongly need install proprietary drivers. You card don't supported properly acceleration for GNOME i think on free ati driver and all running on CPU. Also you need more than 2Gb RAM.

This is reality for Gnome - it's properly working only in latest AMD/Nvidia and Intel cards.

lukchiuwing

Сообщение lukchiuwing » 25 июл 2013, 18:57

Hi,

Understand the GNOME is demanding, but the problem only exist with the installation copy on my PC. The LiveCD runs seamlessly and smoothly meaning the distro should have no issue with my hardware, correct?

Anyway, will try to install non-free driver from AMD later.

Thanks.

lukchiuwing

Сообщение lukchiuwing » 26 июл 2013, 18:56

After installing the legacy drivers from ATI, the system crashes after the reboot. Cannot boot anymore.

Please help... :(

ROSE KDE and other GNOME distro work fine with my PC, don't know why it fails the R1 GNOME beta...

ДроноваЮ
Operating system: Ubuntu/ROSA

Сообщение ДроноваЮ » 29 июл 2013, 12:15

lukchiuwing писал(а): other GNOME distro work fine with my PC, don't know why it fails the R1 GNOME beta...
Could you please indicate exactly which GNOME version on which distro is working fine with your card? this info may be helpful in understanding the issue

lukchiuwing

Сообщение lukchiuwing » 30 июл 2013, 11:08

Hi,

I've tried Sabayon GNOME both Live and installed copy. The Graphic shows Gallium on RV630, which is the same with ROSA GNOME beta running in LiveCD. However, after installing the beta, the Graphic runs with fallback. In Sabayon, there is an option to turn on/off fallback, but cannot find one in ROSA beta.

Thanks.

Ответить

Вернуться в «Desktop»