device notifier digikam crashes while loading tools [solved]

Non-Desktop related topics
Ответить
lisa

device notifier digikam crashes while loading tools [solved]

Сообщение lisa » 16 июн 2012, 21:22

Recently I installed Digikam 2.5.0 and it works fine when I start it from Simple Welcome>Applications.
The problem I am having is when I turn on my camera (Canon A640) and device notifier pops up, portable media player, three actions for this device, and click on Download Photos with digikam. It brings up digkam which starts loading. Loads kipi plugins and then when it gets to 'loading tools' it crashes.

The good news is that with previous Rosa default KDE 4.8.2 desktop, device notifier failed to list the device when camera was turned on. I don't know how to debug device notifier.

Digikam also loads successfully when started in konsole, with this output:

Код: Выделить всё

$ digikam
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
digikam(4769)/KIPI (loading) KIPI::PluginLoader::Info::plugin: KIPI::PluginLoader:: createInstance returned 0 for  "AcquireImages"  ( "kipiplugin_acquireimages" )  with error:  "Cannot load library /usr/lib64/kde4/kipiplugin_acquireimages.so: (libsane.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)" 
QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a paintEvent
Regards, Lisa
Последний раз редактировалось lisa 18 июн 2012, 16:36, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

PastorDi
Operating system: IBM DOS, OS/2
Контактная информация:

Re: device notifier digikam crashes while loading tools

Сообщение PastorDi » 17 июн 2012, 13:39

You can try NOT to use the DigiKam. Simply insert the camera in the port of USB will pop-up message. Click on "Open in Dolphin." And the Dolphin can do pictures all you want.

Pulfer
Operating system: ROSA Desktop Fresh 2016.1 i586

Сообщение Pulfer » 17 июн 2012, 17:43

lisa писал(а):Recently I installed Digikam 2.5.0 and it works fine when I start it from Simple Welcome>Applications.
The problem I am having is when I turn on my camera (Canon A640) and device notifier pops up, portable media player, three actions for this device, and click on Download Photos with digikam. It brings up digkam which starts loading. Loads kipi plugins and then when it gets to 'loading tools' it crashes.

The good news is that with previous Rosa default KDE 4.8.2 desktop, device notifier failed to list the device when camera was turned on. I don't know how to debug device notifier.

Digikam also loads successfully when started in konsole, with this output:

Код: Выделить всё

$ digikam
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
digikam(4769)/KIPI (loading) KIPI::PluginLoader::Info::plugin: KIPI::PluginLoader:: createInstance returned 0 for  "AcquireImages"  ( "kipiplugin_acquireimages" )  with error:  "Cannot load library /usr/lib64/kde4/kipiplugin_acquireimages.so: (libsane.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)" 
QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a paintEvent
Regards, Lisa
Thanx for your report, we'll try to fix this issue.

Meanwhile, can you please try to install lib64sane1 package?
Intel Core i7-6700 / 8 Gb RAM / GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Rosa 2016.1 i586

lisa

Сообщение lisa » 18 июн 2012, 02:15

@PastorDi, thank you! That works.

And thank you Pulfer, as that got rid of the missing library error.

It appears not just a device notifier problem as you probably already know. When I enter in konsole:
digikam --detect-camera, it gives me a segmentation fault error and doesn't start the application. And, when I open digikam application, go to Import>Cameras and click on Canon (auto-detected) in list, it crashes digikam as well.
Just wanted to bring this to your attention. I can use Dolphin/Gwenview as PastorDi suggested with no problems.
Regards, Lisa

Pulfer

Сообщение Pulfer » 18 июн 2012, 03:27

lisa писал(а):It appears not just a device notifier problem as you probably already know. When I enter in konsole:
digikam --detect-camera, it gives me a segmentation fault error and doesn't start the application. And, when I open digikam application, go to Import>Cameras and click on Canon (auto-detected) in list, it crashes digikam as well.
I guess I know this issue. I remember I fixed it in Mandriva 2010.2 some time ago: https://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=65550
So now we need to fix it in Rosa 2012 LTS as well.

Pulfer

Сообщение Pulfer » 18 июн 2012, 11:12

The fix is submitted: http://bugs.rosalinux.ru/show_bug.cgi?id=396

Now it should pass QA and security validations (usually it takes several days). And then it will be available in main/updates.

But you can install fixed RPM from this URL already:
http://abf.rosalinux.ru/downloads/rosa2 ... x86_64.rpm

lisa

Сообщение lisa » 18 июн 2012, 16:35

Thank you, Pulfer for helping me with this. That was quick! Much obliged.
Regards, Lisa

Ответить

Вернуться в «Marathon (LTS) General Software»